Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Warm and Cozy Sweetness!

Back again with some sweetness.... Cocoa (or coffee) sweetness that is... I hope you all had a fabulous day off... my boss was nice enough to send me home an hour earlier than closing time... so I came home to the DH and girls and we went to do a little shopping... came home and started to whip up this cup of sweetness....
This was my first time making this mug card... inspired by this post here... there is also a link to the template if you fancy a cup... it was really fun to make and I won't say easy peasy like snap your fingers type, but it was sorta easy... just depends on what you envision... =D
Instead of slipping in a packet of cocoa i did a pull out card... the ribbon is attached to easily pull out the card and with a little imagination it could reflect steam...
Here's a pix of the pull out card fully out... isn't the DP for the mug base just so psychedelic... LOL... i thought it was great... hehehe! tried to coordinate the DPs to each other... i think it came out okay... this creation is for the following challenges:
1. LPSC # 41 - Sketch ~ the front of this mug is based on the sketch over at LPS... using different shapes
2. Diedrich Dare # 10 ~ a mug of inspiration...
Hope you will hop on over to the challenge blogs and play along with them... =D
I'm so SUPER excited over some great news that I can't share with you just yet... but I can tell you i'm grinning ear to ear again.... keep coming to visit and you are bound to get the word... =D until tomorrow friends, have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Kris! I need to borrow your idea. hehe Hope you don't mind girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make it a pull out card. When I made these I put cup-a-soup in it. Never thought of making it a card... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kris--looks like you're on a roll (with this and whatever is coming up :)) Great card--good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!!! Thanks for using our sketch : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mug turned out very cute! I love the colors you used and the sentiment.
    I have not made one of those yet, I hope to try it soon!
    Hugs, Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a pull out card..Kris this is just great. Have a wonderful day..Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris this is so cute and creative! Hope you had a nice day off yesterday. It really throws off the rest of the week. Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat take on the sketch...love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mug is a fabulous idea!! So cute!! Thanks for playing along with the Diedrich Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it turned out great - i love how you used the ribbon - and yes, i see steam!! thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your mug card! I never tried this one before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How stinking CUTE is this Kris?!?! It's amazing!! Thank you so much for playing along on this week's Diedrich Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris