Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Spreading some Holiday Cheer!

Happy Wednesday!!! for most of you, today is a holiday for Veteran's day! let us take the time to thanks those who have served and are serving for us... we will pay a visit to my Grandpa's grave later today to give honor to him... unfortunately, we are not off, but will be closing the office early... it's a very rainy day here on Maui... off and on spurts of downpours... very much needed here... hopefully it cools down the heat... before i head out the door i do have a creation for you that i've finished last night...
here's cheer Anya... spreading the holiday cheers... this card is for the following challenges:

1. Club Anya - Mystery Monday by Rachel - NO patterned paper

2. Stamp 'n Scrap Hawaii - Dry Embossing

i have to admit that it was VERY hard not use patterned paper... but in the end i guess it wasn't that hard since we were allowed to emboss which was perfect for Stamp 'n Scraps challenge... now if Rachel said no bling, i think i would have cried... LOL... chose to use traditional Christmas colors for this card and use my Christmas embossing texturez from Sizzix... the BG (green) is embossed with holly berries and swirls and the red is embossed using season greetings... had to embellie this one up... and when i saw this ribbon at the craft store, i knew i had to pair it up with cheer Anya... finally used my MS branch punch and punched out a bunch of flowers to layer... added dew drops on to the red/white and little rhinestones on the green/white flowers... complete with the sayings on the ribbon... and yes, i had to sparkle her up... used green stickles on her skirt and bow and diamond stickles on the white parts of her pom pom.... well, what do you think?!? click on the pix to make it bigger and hopefully the embossing shows... it does look better IRL!

Have a fabulous day!!! be back later with more goodies to show you....

10 comments:

  1. What a neat idea to use Cheer Anya as a holiday card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,
    What a cute idea!

    Jenny
    crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris! So nice to mee you:) Thanks for playing along with the challenge...very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kris!! I so love all your creations!! I was so excited to receive the email from Danni. Welcome!! I can't wait to see your creations as a part of the team!

    I just love all your flowers, colors, layout and your gorgeously colored image.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would NEVER say no bling ;0) I love my glitter!

    VERY cute card, I'm really impressed, you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love that you made her a holiday cheerleader, very creative!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kris, I am so sorry..I checked out your blog yesterday, but I had such a headache I forgot to tell you how cute she is. I think it turned out soo adorable. I love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You always make my day. Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALoha Kris, great job on this challenge... love them Christmasy colors!!!

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris