Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Snow Angel

Woohoo! Made it to Wednesday... actually received some bad news today but i'm trying my hardest to put that in the back... so what better way to relieve some stress for a while?!?! hide in my craft room... managed to get a few challenges in one card... which i'm thankful for... in the beginning i didn't know what to do but in the end, i'm satisfied with the outcome...
Meet Angel Anya... or because of the theme, Snow Angel... give me some credit, it was the first time i've played with fun flock... and boy was it messy... =D the orignal card was plain, even with the beautiful non-traditional color DP by Heidi Grace... i just loved the colors on the DP... so i went a little crazy adding embellies all over... of course, it's snowflakes to match the paper... then i saw my bag of mini pom poms and added a few of those... snowflakes and snowballs... so christmasy.. diamond stickles gg glitters her wings and cotton cnady stickles glitters her bow... also added some diamond stickles onthe big snowflakes...

this card is up for the following challenges:

1. Mystery Monday at CA - Let it snow theme

2. MMSC #26 - Sketch that i changed up just a tad bit

3. ROP Challenge # 24 - A Christmas card

well, hope you can come along and play with 1, 2 or all of these challenges with me... until next time friends... Have a wonderful day! and i'll say this (mainly to myself) When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. =D

9 comments:

  1. Hello Kris - I am glad you were able to get away from all that is happening and play along with the MMSC! I tell my DH that I am saving him big $$$'s as therapy is at least $150 an hour - so crafting is way cheaper!! I don't know that he quite sees it that way! LOL! I love this Anya Angel - she is adorable, and all that shimmer Rocks!! I love your take on the sketch! I hope your week gets better!! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, sorry about the bad news--hope all's well. Your card is so cute--I gotta try that fun flock, too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious! I love the flock! Hope today is a better day for you! Just go stamp some more right?! LOL! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating is such a stress reliever for me too. So glad that you chose to join us this week at MMSC. I do do enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with. Your card is sooooo cute. I just love the non traditional dp as well as your cute little angel image. Great take on the sketch challenge. I hope to see more of your artwork next week at MMSC too.
    Denise
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card, Kris! I love those pearl snowflakes! Yeah, fun flock adds a really nice touch but so messy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cute card, Kris! This cute Anya girl and the sparkle balls and the snowflakes add so much to this colorful card :) Thanks for sharing this with us and playing our sketch, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, I am so sorry to hear you got some bad news. I've made so much lemonade myself, I have a permanent lemonade stand out front of my house to get rid of the stuff!!! I can't wait until this year is over...yikes! I am glad you got to play the sketch with us this week. You card is so cute. I love the snowflakes and the snowballs...they are irresistibly cute. Thanks for your support.

    Carol
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Kris thi card is so pretty and super cute! DOnt blame you for loving that paper it is so so yummy! Al those snow flakes are fabulous, i think you did a fab job with the flocking
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kris!! This is so cute!! You did a spectacular job with that sketch!! I love your colors, coloring and all your embellishing!! Love the snowflakes, fun flock and shimmer!!
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris