Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First ornament on my tree...

{{Please click here to enter my blog candy... you have until Midnight (HST) tomorrow to enter... Thank you!}}

Happy Tuesday Friends!!! let me start off by saying: i'm so sorry for the not so well pictures... apparently the flash is visible and on the 2nd picture, i forgot to shake the ornament so it hide part of the sentiment.. Hope you'll still enjoy it!!

So as my title reads, this is the FIRST ornament i've placed on my tree... it's all set up and everything, but we are waiting for Thanksgiving day to decorate it... it's our SPECIAL family tradition... =D looking forward to it as i have a few new ones to add to my butterflies, barbies, personalized ornaments by DD#1 and so much more... oooh getting very excited!!!

anyway, on to my ornament... this was made for the following challenges:

1. Inky Impressions - create an ornament or add an ornament to your creation... this is actually my 2nd entry for this challenge as i've used an Inky Impression image... Hey, if you haven't already done so, they are having a DT call so be sure to check it out.... Those of you in Hawaii still have a little bit of time to join in...

2. SSHP #08 - Ornament Obession.... i think the challenge name says all... so here's my ornament on the tree... =D This ornament was made for DD#2... she chose the colors and DP and what to add into her ornament... this image was perfect for her as she loves to put on her rubber boots and chase the goats up at Grandpa's farm... i used Cowgirl Lili (Inky Impressions)... colored her up in a blue and brown combo... the DP is horse shoe print by DCWV... we added raffia to mimic hay and she wanted blue dew drops inside too... She loves to shake this ornament up... here's the flip side... on the back i printed a little sentiment "Have a boot kickin' Christmas"... sorry, it's a little hidden and the flash covered the "b"... added a bow using a creamed color ribbon tied with an off setting blue... the ornament ball is an acrylic ornament, split in half for easy filling... I used nesties label 4 to make the backing... and the image is popped out a little using pop up dots... used hemp string to hold the image so it can twirl inside... and there you have it! the main thing for me is that DD#2 loves it and that surely brings a SMILE to my face...

that's it for now... please join me tomorrow for a FLUTTER BY creation.... Happy Crafting!!!


8 comments:

  1. Awww....Kris, this is so adorable, so clever, so creative! I totally LOVE it! Awesome take on the challenges and wish you the BEST of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute ornament! That image is so cute and you really colored her well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that is totally cute! I luv all your creations especially the color you chose 4 this one! Different! :) Working on my ICE, ICE, BABY project . . . he, he!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW!! This is sooo adorable Love your adorable coloring on the image and how you've fit it into the ornament!! SO CUTE!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! And good luck on your DT call!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job you did!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW Kris this is adorable!!! What a fantastic design on this ornament!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight and Inky Impressions. I wish you the best of luck on the dt call!!! Crystal, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful ornament Kris! Very creative! I like the bow & especially LOVE how you colored her! Great Job! Thanks for playing along! HUGS! Nicole (Inky's Mama) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet image -- she deserves a place of honor on the tree! Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris