Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hello Kitty Girl's Day Treats...

Hello friends!! i can't tell you how much i'm enjoying reading about your favorite birthday treats... they all sound soooooo YUMMY!!! Thank you to those who have already entered... there's still time and i have a direct link above my postings... so if you haven't already, go and check it out!

tomorrow is Girl's Day and it's sorta big in Hawaii... especially for those of Japanese ancestry... yes, i'm one of them... every March 3, we celebrate Girl's Day which is marked as children's day... in May, we will celebrate Boy's Day... i try to make little treats for most of the holidays we celebrate for DD#1's classmates... so being the last minute person i am these days, i put these little treats together....
a simple creation that took me 2 days to finish... extra special with these since the DH helped a lot... his task, to punch 40 sakura flowers and 20 HK bows... such a BIG help for me... and i'm ever so thankful that he decided to help...
here's a pix of all 20.... just something small for the kiddies... i cut strips of CS... 2.5 x 8... scored lines at 3.5 and 4.5 (long ways) and folded to make a bottom... i then used my sakura stamp and stamped the image all over the card stock... used a 2 in. circle punch to cut out a window... found some yummy fruit flavored hard candy and added 3 each to a small baggie... why 3??? because it's the 3rd month and 3rd day that we celebrate the girls... so 3 was a nice touch... LOL... then i stapled the 2 ends together making sure the little baggie was in between... then to cover up the staple, i used one of my HK sizzlits (just the head part) that i decorated with different colored CS for her bow, 2 different colored sakuras and a dab of yellow glitter glue.... and a label on the back to cover up the other side of the staple...
and this is a close up of this sweet treat... i hope the kiddies like it...
Thanks for baring with me through my absences... i'm slowly getting back in to craft mode, which is helping me to relax a bit... and by the way these were done, it's coming... haha! i'm already in gear to attack Easter treats for her class, which i have all the supplies for just haven't had the time to start working on them... the thought of having to heat up the glue gun got me procastinating... LOL... haven't used it in a while, i'm not sure i remember how... LOL...
Hope all is well with you all!!! join me tomorrow for some DT fun... See yah soon!!!

15 comments:

  1. wow Kris they look fantastic!!! Your Daughter's classmates will LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goosness, Kris! You have been busy, girl! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris-
    these are adorable...i cannot wait for my DD2 to go to Kinder so we can make goodies DD1 does not want to make goodies anymore...boohoo....oh well TFS these are so adorbs...love HK with the sakura hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY girl! you are on a roll! I don't know if I could ever bring myself to make those detailed and lovely HK faces for my daughter's friends as they would just rip them apart! they are so cute and I may have to CASE your creation to make these...probably at the end of the year, but will have to figure something easier to top it off with =) so glad you are coming back and creating! have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kris,
    These treat holders turned out so cute! That's a lot of HK heads!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT! They are so cute, you make it sound so simple but I know that's a task to make all those treats. Allen is so great to help, too. But could tell he was a sweetie when we all met. You two make a great team!

    P.S. - Hey, does that mean that the boy's day treats will have 5 inside? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute Kris, DD's classmates are so lucky! Glad to hear you're getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cute Kris!! I love girl's day, so fun for us yeah!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kris!

    Those are awesome! The kids will luv these but I think the mother's of the kids will luv it more! They probably won't want the kids to take it a part! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kris you are an A+ MOM. The Girls' Day treats are fabulous! I fondly remember making class treats for my boys to pass out. Even though they are a lot of work your girls will be proud to be giving. It's a good feeling to share and will continue to shape your daughters into good and caring adults like you and your husband. Hurray for good parents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I think I'm going to start dreaming of HK cause after finishing 90+ invites and then I still need to make 250+ favors... yikes! Good thing she's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kris these are terrific! Your kids are so lucky to have a Mom that puts so much effort into giving their class such wonderful goodies. You are so sweet. I love how you made these..Happy Girls Day to you. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how cute is that! Love that your DH helped you with making these treat ... the kiddies will absolutely love them!

    Smoochies,
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, I love these Hello Kitty bags. They are so cute!! I'll let you know when I send your card out. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Hugs, Enjoli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris