Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cake and BRAKs... YUMMM!!!

I'm still stuffed from the yummy cake last night... and i'm even more stuffed with the mounds of goodies i've received from some darling sweet friends!!! beware, this post has lots of pictures... and a little something that just might boost your sweet spot... =D said i was going to share my cake with you, so here it is....
had to take a pix of the cake in the box... it's so tall that the box can't even close... LOL... the baker had to make shift the top flap so that it could atleast be covered... with a little clear wrap on the front...
this yummy is about 4 inches high by 9 inches wide... the ruler proves the height.... LOL... the top is covered with a light blend of haupia (coconut) filling swirled with guava and passion fruit filling...
here's the half of the cake that we did not touch... lucious tropical blends... the bottom (pink) layer is guava cake with a whipped guava filling... a touch of tart when you bite into this layer... the next layer is passion fruit flavored cake with a whipped passion fruit filling... little bit tart, little bit sweet... the 3rd layer is cocunt cake with a whipped coconut filling and on top of that another layer of cake... it was then covered with a nice light touch of cool whip as frosting... mmmmm.... it was so yummmmy!!! we don't get this all the time because it's so huge and we can't finish it all... but this is on top list for special occasions.... i'm sure there are different variations of this sweet treat as well as different names for it too... but this one here is by far, the best on Maui....
a gift, a gift... from my sweet GF Michelle U.... OMGosh how darling CUTE is this matching bag and card....
this is the goodies she had stuffed inside the bag... can't really see it in the picture, but she had stuffed some pretty HK charms inside too.... wow-wee!!! Thank you very much Michelle for thinking of me on my birthday!!!
another fabulous GF, Brenda, sent this pack of goodies.... isn't that cupcake just the yummiest.... she sent more paper for me to play with along with some flowers, ribbon and click its... she also made a cute cute little bag that was filled with candies... it's not pictured because i couldn't find... i think the DDs swooped it away.... it's no where to be found... Thank you Brenda, for the yummy birthday goodies!!!
OMGoodness! i now have a Amy Y. exclusive sweet November stamp!! WOW!!! Amy Y. sent all these goodies over in celebration of my birthday... yummy yummies! pretty paper (to go with the paper Brenda sent =D) ribbon, stamps and that wonderful card with her altered Creey Cake girl!!! Love it!! Thank you Amy, for thinking of me on my birthday!!
Joy U., my sweet GF that i got to meet last year with Michelle U. sent this mountain of sweetness for my bday too... haha, and look, she kept most of these fantastic goodies in my fave color... hehe!! uh-oh Joy, i think you're gonna get me started on collecting these cute Hero Arts stamps... =D she also sent one of her cute mini desk organizers with a mini pen and post it notes... just darling.... can you see the charm on the card?! it added to the beauty... Thank you Joy and Taelyn for the sweetness in this gift!!!
and here, my awesome GF Kim Y. surprised me with all these yummy new supplies... yippee! she knows how much i LOVE Maya from La-La land crafts... i was so surprised to see Maya in the mounds of goodies here... she sent Maya along with Rosie and Lala, some ribbon and flowers... in this cute matching bag and card set... i think i'll have to start a container for my collection of Lala stamps.. =D Thank you Kim, for all the sweetness and blessings you've sent!!!
and last but not least, Kim also sent this gorgeous bracelet for DD#1... in her favorite color... DD#1 loves her bracelets and her eyes lit up when i told her this was for her... the smile on her face was enough to make my heart melt... Thank you Aunty Kim for the lovely gift!!!

phew, did you stick with me until the end??? Thank you very very much to my lovely friends, for all your gifts of kindness... i really have to clean up my craft space now, so i can start playing with these goodies... you all touched my heart with the thoughfulness you all have shown... and i THANK YOU for being apart of my life and for being such AWESOME friends!!! Thank you to all of you who sent birthday wishes yesterday!!! please know that you all put an extra smile on my face and made the day even more special!!! i am truly blessed with great friends!!! Thank you for spending a part of your day with me today... i wish you all nothing but the best! Thank you again and again!!! Loving always, Kris

16 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is SOOOOO amazing! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday-I am just getting home from vaca but am SO happy for you that youare blessed w/ such good friends-and it's no surprise-you ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice BRAKs! Enjoy your goodies Kris :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks so yummy!! Glad you were spoiled for your bday..sorry I didn't send ya anything..yet!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kris!!! The cake looks amazing! All your presents are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake looks so onolicious and your gifts are all so awesome. Glad you had a wonderful day--you are so deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great birthday! You sure do have lots to craft with now... not that you didn't have a lot to begin with...LOL! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that cake looks like heaven! And you received so many wondeful goodies! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday!

    Your cake looks amazing!!!! And wow, you were spoiled :) Enjoy all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Kris! Looks like you had a marvelous day. Thanks for sharing photos of that fantastic cake. I could almost taste it from your description.....I think I gained weight just looking at it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! I am so glad you got your package in the mail. the post lady said it should get there on your day! so I was hoping. glad you liked it! love the cake! wish I could have had a piece! yum! love all the other braks you received too. so glad we met through this blogland! have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so yummy! I'll take a piece, please! LOL :D
    You are welcome, Kris! Enjoy the goodies and can't wait to see all your creations with them, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had an amazing birthday Kris and that cake...yummmm!
    So you glad my package in time, I was hoping! Can't wait to see what you create with everything! Have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a great birthday haul!!! You are so loved!!! I'm really bad at remembering birthdays and it was one of my New Years resolutions and see how quick I broke it!!! So sorry:(

    I came by to get Lisa's blog info and had to stop and say HB2U!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey kris belated birthday wishes. There is a parcel winging its way to you with christmas and easter and birthday bits! There are few bits for the girls too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday my friend. You are so loved. I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful day. Love all your goodies. Keep a lookout in the mail.... :D Sorry, but I had to wait for payday to send you a little something. Hope you like it, it really isn't much but I thought you and the girls could have some fun together. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome braks and yummy cake!! Wow!! Sorry Kris, I'm so way behind in everything!! Hope you had a happy, happy birthday!! hugs, Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris