Sunday, September 13, 2009

Contest of Farewells (loooong post)

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is still enjoying the weekend! wow! it went by fast... anywho, was busy crafting this weekend and finishing up some cards for the Farewell contest happening at Club Anya! As we switch into fall, the Club Anya DT will be switching out too... The new fall designers will begin their journey on Oct. 1st... So we have the rest of the month with the fabulous first DT... In honor of DT 01, there's a challenge going on right now... so head on over and check it out... Also, there is the September Anya Realease party that will begin tomorrow... Check the Club Anya blog for details... Alright, stopping the blabbering and on to the cards...

so the contest was to case a card by each DT member... a total of 5 cards... play all or play little it's up to you... the 4 main designers and a choice between one of the 3 guest designers... well, i did a total of 7 (one for each guest designer)... here we go (in order as placed in the galleria at TGF)...


Janna - she has some awesome creations... beautiful and well detailed cards... it was hard choosing just one... but her "egg hunting" card just blew me away... and i knew i wanted to case it... i went with soft colors here... oh and this is the first time i've used birthday Anya! the circle with the sentiment is actually DP that i just punched out because it was perfect for the celebration...

Jacquie - She has gotten me hooked with admiring the combo of blue and brown... of course, her name is javablustamper... but i was so use to pink and brown.... Jacquie has wonderful cards... which made the choice hard to choose too... i finally settle on one of her newest creations... her Honor card she made for the sneak peek... the flowers are from my darling friend Michelle! thanks girl, it added just the right touch...

Kristine - her creations are awesome! I cased her Hello Ian card... she has some fabulous work... Ian caught my eye though... and i used the sentiment smile because seeing her creations always made me smile!

Traci - she rocks! her cards are always fun and heartfelt... she comes up with such great ideas and almost always has a twist to every card... i'm at lost for words to describe her... you have to check out her creations for yourself to know what i mean... here i went with blue and brown... the image was given to me by my dear friend Joy! thanks girl! I loved coloring her...

Rosette - you just need to go and see her creations... it's fabulous... i loved working with her challenges and admiring her creations... they are all FANTABULOUS! her detailing in her work is just so great... there were lots of wonderful cards to CASE but her " a whale of a catch" just caught me... LOL!

Joni - I was not yet a member of Club Anya when Joni was a guest designer, but i wanted to wish her the best anyway... i totally fell in love with her "shopping Anya" card that i just had to case it... her card was complete with some play money which i substituted with some celebration words in place of where she had placed the money... the image was given to me by Joy! I had so much fun with her that now i just need to add this Anya set to my wishlist... i used the second image that Joy gave me and colored and cut out the shopping bags, added some tissue paper and placed the cut-out bags over...

Michelle - she is another guest designer that I wasn't around to actually see her work with the DT... but after looking at her blog and veiwing all her creations, I CASEd one of her cards too... another darling image from Joy! yah, she spoiled me!
oh my gosh! did i cover it all... told you it was going to be long... eventhough the DT's term is coming to an end, it's not a total good-bye... i'm sure we are still going to be seeing their awesome creations! i think of it as Aloha 'oe, until we meet again! I wish the first DT well wishes on their new journeys... you all will truly be missed! A+ to you all!
well, friends, i wish you all a very happy Sunday! Hope your weekend was just as crafty as mine... few more things to finish up so i better get my you kow what moving! until later.... Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful cards!! I love them all. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWEE, love all the beautiful cards! I LOVE TGF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you've been a busy bee! great job on all the cards! I agree with Kyoko - I LOVE TGF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris these are so freakin' cute! Wow you have been busy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl...you've been busy! so glad you could use the images I gave you! you do such wonderful work! love all the cards you made! wowie! I think I'll go and admire everyone's creations...glad you were on the DT! have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great lineup of cards! You were hard at work and it sure paid off, I think your cards are very cute and sweet!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZER you rock! These cards are all so fantastic - loving the attention to detail!
    And the colouring and the fab layouts
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris