Monday, October 17, 2011

Party Like a ROCKSTAR!

{{Please scroll down to view Lollipop Crafts Challenge #53. Thank you!!}}

Back again!! today is a VERY special day for my little sister!! yes, my "little" sister... i remember having to tag her along with me when she was about DD2's age... taking her to the mall when i would go hang out with friends, picking her up from school, taking her shopping and all that good stuff... my little sister and I are many years apart (no i'm not going to give away my age, LOL) just know that is more than the norm... and today she turns the big SWEET 16!!!! gosh i feel really old.... hahaha!!! ok, maybe i'll feel even older when she hits the big 2-1... LOL.... easy now, i can wait for that!

in honor of her special day i created this very special card for her....
basing my creation on the Monday Fun-Day challenge at TGF's FFCB which was to use BLACK, WHITE and ONE other color, i went with purple, since that is my sis' FAVE color... deciding what image to use for her, i had Creeper Abbey on my wishlist and was lucky enough to purchase her from TGF a few weeks ago... Creeper Abbey reminds me so much of my sister so it wasn't a matter of wanting this stamp, it turned into a NEED... hehe... a little about why this image... my sis won't call herself being in the 'gothic' stages in her life because she doesn't really dress on what you would picture a gothic person to look like... but she does put on some heavy eye liner, dresses funky (converse shoes a must) and yes she does have purple streaks in her hair (her bangs).... now you know why i colored the image the way i did... it's a reflection of her... =D i pulled out some K&Co halloween papers (this year's line) for the black and white BG and the polka dot purple circles... i also took a lighter shade of purple CS, embossed it with Cuttlebug's swirls folder and punched smaller circles... distressed the edges of the image lightly with Memento Grape Jelly ink and layered that onto a lacey oval SB... the sentiment is from a clear stamp line but i apologize because i can't remember which one... need something to be added in the top left hand corner and dew drops fit perfectly... hope my sister likes this card!! Happy Sweet 16 Jess!!! We love you!!! =D

well, i THANK YOU again for stopping by and checking out my creation!! hope i inspired you in some way to get crafty today!! until next time.... toodles!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah! This is a great card for your sis! Hey BTW, you two don't look that far apart in age, really!

    Jess kinda reminds me of my niece, yup, the "not quite goth" with the colored hair ( my niece liked red!)Please wish Jess a Happy Sweet 16! and thank her (and YOU) so much for Saturday! You two made a LOT of peole really happy!

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris your sister is going to love this card...I do too and I don't even have purple hair. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister is going to love the card that you made for her. You did a great job in coloring Creepey Abbey to resemble your sister. Love the different tones of purple too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, great card!!! I bet your sister is guaranteed to love it... I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!!! Your sister will be thrilled to receive a look-a-like card made just for her! How cool is that... enjoy celebrating her birthday. God Bless... Aloha, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, your sis will love it - as i do!
    Happy Birthday to Jess!
    Jo x

    don't forget - i have candy!
    http://mycraftingcorner-jo.blogspot.com/2011/10/candy-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kris,
    WOW, that's BOLD and awesome. Purple was a perfect choice for the "one other color."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purple! Very cute card. I'm sure she will love it. What a lucky sister!

    Aloha,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color combo Kris - and your sis is going to love this card.... it's picture perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Kris! Your sister is gonna love getting this card that resembles her! and you're both very lucky to have each other!! Happy Birthday to your SIS! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris