Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wild for Snow Kisses....

Phew! what a day... woke up early this morning to get a kick start at our local craft fair... today marks the first Sunday of craft fairs for this holiday season... lots of great things... i usually limit myself to a $100 and that's it... and i'm surprised i kept within my budget... i'm so bad because i'll look at something and say, i can do that... LOL... picked up some gifts and some things for the girls... now it's time to find space for it all... mmm, and picked up some yummy goodies too... flaky manju, omg! i can eat all 6 myself... LOL... didn't buy too much since the Ben Franklin craft fair is coming in 2 weeks... the biggest of fairs for us here...

i do have a creation for you today... and it took me a reply of twilight (until the end) to complete it.. yes, i was watching twilight while putting this together... hehehe... so this creation is for TGF FFF challenge which has a twist to it for the next 2 weeks... TGF has gone WILD! there are rules that need to be followed so be sure to check it out on the blog... there are specific images that you need to use for the challenge... AND, TGF is looking for a guest designer for a month... so hurry and get WILD...
This is the first digi i bought from the new line created by Marina... i just love her animal images... and i fell in love with this mistletoe kisses.... made a 3D box project for this challenge and i call it "Wild for snow kisses"....
i took the above picture outside and the wind was blowing, so the snowball moved and covered her eye... can you see the fishing line??? LOL... don't tell the hubby but i had to take some of his fishing line to get the whole "falling snow" effect... IRL, it looks much better... i made a special trip to the craft store to get the bigger size pom poms to finish off this project... i stamped and colored a few trees... added some fun flock to a few of them... so it kinda looks like they're in the wild...
and surprise surprise! when you pull out the front, hidden in the back is a treat compartment... i did the box free hand and didn't take down the measurements... ugh i'm so bad at that... i think it came out really good... especially since you can't tell something's hidden... =D here you can see i used some foam for 1. to stick the images in and make it look popped and 2. it looks like snow... the cover for the box again was made free handed and i cut out the frame and used a sheet of acetate for a window effect... what do you think about this project??? i think i'll keep it on my coffe table... =D
thanks for coming by today and giving such sweet comments on all of my creations... i appreciate you all and thank you for the kindess you have given me... it's movie time with the family so i have to go for now... we'll chit chat later gator! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!


11 comments:

  1. Very cute! You did a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodess girly. You went over the top again! What an awesome creation. The animals that you used for chellenge are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kris, that is just too cute..I love all the work you put into this. I did the same thing on Saturday night..I watched (listened) Twilight as I worked on my cards for the week.lol...Makes me relax and forget the work week..Smiles to you, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project! Thanks for sharing. Have a very nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute project! I love the pom poms,Great idea as usaul, Kris! See ya in 2 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! Love the project you created and love that you watched Twilight while creating it too!! I can't wait to see New moon, we got tickets to the very first showing at midnight on the 19th!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...impressive...that you spent only in your budget! hahaha! I always say that too...but never do that...amazing I found what I wanted at the craft fair...stuck to it and then we left! so amazing...but times are hard and so I have to watch what I spend. love your creation and that you had a hidden drawer in back. so cute! great job for the challenge! have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a talented young lady, Kris! Such a cute 3d box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kris! LOVE your creation. How sassy is that to have a secret drawer! Scared GF...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aggh kris this is so fabulous! I love it! I really hope you get the guest DT spot you so deserve it!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic Kris, sooo creative! I love your 'blowing snow' and that cool 007 secret compartment...James Bond would love this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris