Monday, November 29, 2010

Today a reader, Tomorrow a leader....

Hello there!!! I'm back for another fun challenge at Lollipop Crafts!! Challenge #18 brought to you by Barbara is READING... oh what a fun challenge!! Hop on over to the LC blog and get the full details on what she wants you to create this week!

My 7 yr. old daughter is reading chapter books so I thought today's creation was very appropriate... I chose to do a bookmark and here it is being shared with you....
I used Rosie with Book from La La Land Crafts... very perfect for this challenge.... and I added the quote "Today a reader, Tomorrow a leader." to inspire my daughter to keep her head in the books... and she loves buttons so i added a few of those too... a simple project that put a smile on her face!

What will you create for this week's challenge???

Sorry for the post and run! I have uber piles of deadlines to meet and stuff half done... back to the craft room I go.... Have a marvelous day!!

8 comments:

  1. Kris, What a lovely gift for your daughter. I love the quote and I think that anything a parent can do to encourage reading is worth doing. Keep up the good work and parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bookmark. And I love the sentiment. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute bookmark! TFS Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH, I like this bookmark, I really love the saying.

    But for me right now, I think it would read...Today a reader, tonight a sleeper!LOL!

    TFS! Have great week and it was fun seeing you and the family last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely bookmark! love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute bookmark! I so should do that for my daughter and nieces too! fabulous idea! hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving! enjoy cyber monday! well it's now over...lol! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Kris, love that quote too its so fab
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute bookmark! I bet your DD really liked it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris