Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hello Kitty invites you....

okay! amongst a busy weekend (which was fun) and finishing up some projects, i managed to get the DH to help me rearrange my craft space on Sunday and move my heavy desk to the opposite wall... =D something i've been wanting to do for a long time but dredded the amount of work to do so... but it's done! yay! craft room is still a mess as i slowly put things away, but really i just want to play... hehe!

anyway, here's one of the big projects i was working on this weekend... DD2's birthday invitations... i was so super happy when she chose Hello Kitty as her theme!
i know i could have taken the easy way out and buy premade invites, but it's just not the same... so i did work my booty off cutting out the HK and then cutting it again with the different colors, and then finally assembling it all... Thank goodness i only had to do 20... i hope she learns to appreciate me one day... ha! the BG is origami paper that i purchased at the sanrio store... it comes in 5 sheets of 4 different designs... i originally was going to mix it up so i didn't have to buy 4 packs of this paper just for one design, but she only wanted this one for her invites... so i gave in... i think i'll use the other designs for her favors... =D another big project to accomplish... tried to keep it really simple as i don't think anyone will keep the invite... i usually keep one to add to her album... a little keepsake for when they are older....

guess it's time to hit the craft desk again and try to put more things away! honestly, i only mess it up again... hehe! Thanks for stopping by for my quick sharing!! i'll see you soon then...

10 comments:

  1. cute invites :) I would keep one ;) I always do for my kids too! cant wait to see the favors...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute invites Kris, love the theme
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute Hello Kitty invitations! so many you had to make! lovely though! it's always fun when your kid chooses something you love too! lol! can't believe you cut out so many of them! hope you are done and can enjoy your hard work =) have a great hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the invites Kris. I am sure that your girls will appreciate all the hard work that you put into their parties one day. Have fun prepping for the party. Please give Alia a big hug from me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are such adorable invites! i'm sure dd2 will be proud to hand these out to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable invites Kris! I hear ya on making invites versus using store bought...I just made about the same amount of HK invites for my DD's birthday a few months ago! Love yours though and hopefully our DD's will appreciate us some day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee Kris can you be my mommy? I'd love those HK invitations for my birthday celebration. I feel bad that I was too lazy to make invitations for my sons' parties and that I didn't even make a party some years. For all that you do, I'm so happy that you are a winner of my secret contest. Please send your mailing address and name to my e-mail address(lsakami@aol.com) and I'll mail your prize to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so cute. Love that origami paper, need to get me some. I'm sure dd2 appreciate the hard work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute, Kris! I love Hello Kitty, you always make the best parties...I wish I was one of your DD2 li'l friends! I promise I will be on my best behavior! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris