Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mission accomplished!

My mission was to create 2 50th anniversary and 1 graduation card... the anniversary cards were a challenge for me because i didn't really have any embellishments... yikes!
on this card, i did a black and gold color combo... the card is black lined with white CS.... the background paper is from the Luxury Collection by DCWV... the 50th was cut using Boss-O and Curlz sizzix dies... after tearing up my craft room, i found an old pack of vellum quotes and found the "Happy Anniversary" vellum... i glued it on some gold ribbon i found in my old Christmas stack... i used gold origami paper to cut out the 50th and flowers on the corners...
I actually thought this card was simple... again, most of the embellishments and ribbon is from old stock that i found... the background CS is from the DCWV Luxury collection in a soft pink and gold....

Represnting Mililani High School, i needed to create a graduation card for my cousin who graduated this year... using scraps of CS and some shiny Christmas curling ribbon, i just glued it on the left side and cut off the excess... i used the Happy Graduation stamp from Mari and Me... the "Congrats" is from sizzix sizzlits phrases...
Took a trip to BF today... We just missed the make-n-takes... =( Joy from Joy of Crafting was a special guest at the Maui store today... doing demos with the big shot... didn't get to meet her because she was really busy with other customers... but bought another sizzix die that i can't wait to play with and found some stuff in the clearance section to try out... oh, and more ribbon... LOL... kids are taking their afternoon nap, so i hope i can sneak into my craft room and play with my new findings! Happy Saturday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris