Monday, January 9, 2012

Cherry blossoms galore!

Hello, hello!!!! Happy Monday everyone! Lollipop Crafts is back from holiday break and we are SO READY to bring you new inspirations and challenges! Are you up for a challenge?!? Sure you are!

Challenge #62 - Anything goes with a "NEW" twist... yes, it's an anything goes challenge but you MUST add some kind of NEW concept... for example: a new stamp you got for Christmas, or a new technique you've learned... if that doesn't kick it for you, a 'NEW' type of project can be done too... for instance, a New Year's or New Baby creation... be sure you let us know what your 'new' thing is... link up with InLinkz on the LC blog by Saturday so the DT can check out your awesome creations... NO SPONSOR this week but we still hope you'll come out and play because we always have our Top 3!

i'm excited to be participating in this challenge because it seems like i haven't crafted in forevers... ok, i kinda haven't been, but am looking forward now that the holidays are out of the way to get back into the crafting mood...

a co-worker of mine asked me to create something to give as a gift to her niece who turned the big ONE over the weekend... she picked out some of the items she wanted me to incorporate in this craft project and this is what i came up with.... my FIRST creation for 2012!
an altered photo frame! how's this for starting off the new crafting year?!? got this idea (and some coaching) from my dear friend Jenny (yes, i did make one of these frames before), whom also is the co-owner of that CUTESIE little asian girl you see there... that's Kiyomi, and she is apart of the Sister Stamps line... isn't she ADORABLE?!? Kiyomi is colored up with copics and stickles accents the design on her kimono... she comes with a butterfly too, but i omitted that and now it's like she is reaching for the blossoms that are falling... the sakura branches are premade stickers by Jolee's which made a great accent to the beautiful white sakura washi paper used to cover the frame... the NEW thing on my creation is the die cut lettering for the name... Hubby and the kiddies bought me a new set of die cut letters for Christmas - Lifestyle Crafts English Rose alphabet dies <--- LOVE it! the birthday girl's theme included diamonds so i embellished with some rhinestones intertwined within the branches and also on the first letter of the name.... i'm really loving the turnout of this creation and i hope you are too!

be sure to hop on over to the LC blog and check out what the other Lollipop Girls have to share with you too!! We are excited to be back on the blog and hope to have you join us in our fun-filled challenges through out the year...

THANK YOU so much for stopping in today, sharing your thoughts and for sticking with me!! May 2012 brings us lots of GOODNESS!!! toodles until next time!

15 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW, Kris this so sooooo beautiful. I just LOVE Asian theme and all the pretty Cherry Blossoms....and of course, Kiyomi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG- ths is so darn cute! Thanks for using Kiyomi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT, Sister!!!! I actually have those Jolee's stickers, but I just can't bear to use them! LOL!!! They are just too pretty for me to give up!!! LOL! And, you know what? I was at BF today and almost bought that paper!!! But, I just couldn't go through with it. Oh, why oh why is washi paper so pricey? *SAD FACE* Your project is gorgeous! Great job, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kris
    Love your super very pretty creation, I really like the image too, adorable.
    Best wishes for 2012
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, this is gorgeous! I have those stickers and am itching to use them now. Beautiful job on the frame girly. I know your co-worker is going to love it.
    Wonderful job, high five!
    ;)
    Have a wonderful day!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful frame sweet friend!! Good to "see" you crafting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your co-worker asked the perfect person to make this gift for her niece. The frame that you made is awesome. I would be so happy to receive a frame like that for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oops! Sorry for the deletion. I meant to say, "Oh what a lovely 1st creation for 2012! I love all the details on the frame....so pretty."

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fun, Kris! Love the cherry blossoms! Perfect to go with this darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you used the white washi background paper!
    Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty, I am sure it will be treasured for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVE this frame and all the cherry blossoms! great job! happy new year too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. TFS Kris this is a cute project...
    I showed this to my daughter and she wants me to make two of them for her DD's....Yikes we see how this goes....

    ReplyDelete
  15. The frame is simply perfect... going to add this onto the list of arts and crafting pending in my que for must dos....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris