Friday, July 29, 2011

Down to earth....

yah i am.... sorta... i can be on the highest level of adrenaline sometimes too.... =D happy friday to you all!! are you ready for the weekend?!? hope so... i'm looking forward to it...

ok so, the title isn't about me... it's all about working with browns.... mmmm, how i love brown... blue is still my tip top fave, but brown is a close second... and you can tell that because i have a lot of brown in my house and closet... it's a gorgeous color and can pretty much be matched to any other color...

when WOW's challenge over at TGF's FFCB was posted i immediately jumped on the train! so many ideas ran through my head and i went searching for the right papers... oh and this is one creation i worked on after Ms. Creativity came back (after i finished my art journal pages too).... seeeeee!
i admit i was thinking fashion and thought it was time to rip open the miss anya hats off set that has been waiting patiently to see some ink... hmmm, i think i made a good choice in using sitting anya, her outfit was great with browns... the bottom layer and strip with ribbon are papers from DCWV's new green tea stack (LOVE the color combos, it has blues and greens too) but i pulled only the browns... the other paper is from another DCWV single stack that i got from Ross' but can't remember the stack name.... i used one of my handmade stick pins, added some half pearls and used "a simple hello" sentiment from the critters sweet message set stamped in brown... i tried again to distress the edge of the image with ink and ran into a few errors so instead i tried lightly to brush color around the image... ummm... yah, still didn't quite work... i'm still learning! oh well i still like it.... oh and i added some butterflies too...

in my personal preference i'm loving this card!! monochromatic in beautiful shades of brown! might have to make more of these.... hehe.... what do you think of this creation?!? i'd love to hear your comments about it.... i think Ms. Creativity made up for her being MIA....

before i end this post i just wanted to send lots of hugs to all of you who come to visit my blog whenever i post something and leave your wonderful and such encouraging comments!! you really are the ones that keep me going with the support and inspirations... THANK YOU with all my heart!!! stop by tomorrow for a sweet ending to a great summer! see you then!

8 comments:

  1. This card is just so pretty Kris! I love the brown monochromatic look. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the browns. you did a good job incorporating this into your card for the challenge. I haven't tried a monochromatic card yet. hope you are enjoying your Friday! can't wait till the weekend starts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kris, you work magic with the browns, this is gorgeous! Beautiful mix of papers and the ribbon with your fab stick pin are perfect accents!
    Which reminds me...I don't know if I ever answered your question about how many stick pins in a group?
    If I haven't, how about 6! I just love your stick pins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really classy card, Kris. I haven't seen the hats off TGF set so I will look for it. You did such a fabulous job; I'm sure you'll win the challenge. Your stick pin really is the perfect touch. I'm still hoarding the ones you gave me until I find just the right place to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful card, Kris! I never thought of using mostly brown! This turned out GREAT!! I LOVE it lots! Hmm..I think I need this set. I am really loving what I see here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Kris, fabulous job with the browns and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is very pretty. I love the different shades of brown that you used. So happy that Ms. Creativity came back. I think it may have been hading out over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome monochromatic card! you rocked it! i like the way you used the brown and the image! i might have to get that set now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris