Saturday, January 30, 2010

Coach inspired handbag?!

Oh my! Happy Saturday!!! gosh i've missed you all the last couple of days... i ran out of mojo and just didn't have anything in me to create... but behold i'm back!!! haha! caught up on some much needed rest and now i'm ready to go go go.... Hope you all have been well!! haven't visited you all in a long time, i'm looking forward to see what you've been up to...

my project here today is for La La Land Challenge #23 - Gift Card Holder.... i haven't really done any so this was fun in the making... I found a tutorial on the net for a simple gift card holder/card (sorry forgot to save the site) and then i was looking for one of my gift cards to put inside for pictures... so i found a Coach giftcard that i received for Christmas and that inspired me to change up my project and turn it into a little handbag/card/gift card holder.... see!!
i thought this DP by American Crafts was the perfect to case a patterned "Coach" bag.. or any designer bag actually.... used some ribbon as handles and placed a strip of matching DP (from the inside) as a closure flap that i then covered up with a cutout of one of the Miss Dressy Anya girls... this stamp can be bought on the TGF website... then i noticed that some designer bags have their logo somewhere on the front of the bag so i tried to case that with the Love sentiment from the I Heart set that you can get from LPS....
here's the inside... the DP is again from American crafts... do you spy the Coach logo?! hehehe! haven't decided what i want to buy with it yet... i think i have to save a little bit more, okay a lot more, for the bag i've had my eyes on... ;D
i'm gonna switch out the gift card for another one, probably for a sweet treat and give this cutie to DD#1's teacher... i'm pretty happy with the way this came out and i hope you like it too!!! Thanks for coming by to share a few minutes with me... and thank you so very much for all your support and comments on my creations and random sharings... they mean so much to me and really keep me going.... Happy everything friends!!!!

17 comments:

  1. Oh Kris, I do love the paper purse gift card holder! I think I'll try to make one too. I love all the details. Thanks for inspiring me again. My blog site will be having another giveaway starting on the 1st; I hope you'll enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris! I think I'm back to blog hopping after being on vacation. Love, love, love your cute gift card bag holder! The DPs are just perfect this, and you have colored Dressy Anya beautifully! Well, all your creations are beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris this bag is fabulous! Hope you had an awesome resting time.
    Kristy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Kris - love the design and colours and what an awesome idea - you are always thinking outside the box
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet project! Your bag (gift card holder) looks fabulous! Love the closer in a shape of the heart! And logo idea is so cute!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris this is adorable! I always love little totes and bags, they are my fav! Have a great Sunday!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great! love it! adorable creation!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kris,
    You are so creative!!! This is so awesome, pretty, beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Big Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's always room for another Coach bag and this is it--Love it Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute, Kris! The purse is adorable! Thanks for joining the gift card holder challenge this week at La-La Land Crafts! ~ jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOH, this is soooo CUTE!! LOVE THIS, especially for a gift card holder! You ROCKED this challenge out--love the DP and cute Anya too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts last week! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Kris! This is super cute! I love this purse gift card holder.....and that Coach gift card too! LOL Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous little purse! Love the handbag inspired details! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Kris! This was a WINNER in my eyes too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your wonderful and sweet comments keep me going! Thank you so very much!! Have a blessed crafting day! Hugs, Kris